Translate

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Soothing the Stigma of Mental Illness

I've been stating for years that mental illness is the last bastion of human rights in the world. All other human rights issues have been turned into true movements long ago. Most recently, the gay/ lesbian movement has gained great strides in the realm of basic human rights. More people work hard toward punishing those with mental illness than they do spreading facts and helping those suffering from any number of issues associated with it. It is one of my primary life goals to eradicate the sweeping generalities and outright lies that are spread about mental illness.



Movies and television glorify the witch hunts against the mentally challenged. Most people believe that those who suffer from mental illness are all serial killers. Music labels us as "schizophrenic psychos" and the word "crazy" is thrown around more than the word "retarded." This must stop.

The true evil of the world is committed by those who know precisely what they are doing. The central banks and big corporations and the governments they buy slaughter innocent people by the millions and it is supposed to be okay because they label it "war." War is nothing but a cash cow. It has been this way for hundreds of years now. There is great opportunity in war for the governments who brainwash people into believing that the "terrorist cells," which they create, are the greatest threat to mankind. They invent these elusive throngs of murderers and add to their ranks by using separatist tactics and lies to stay the divide among the masses. Religion is the tool they use most of the time to implement these horrific, unnecessary atrocities. Mental illness is created via these corrupt strategies. Those who support and fight for the causes of terror are delusional. These delusions bring in more money and power for the so-called world elite and perpetuate the manufactured "war on terror."

To scale the examples down to smaller issues, the mentally ill that should be cared for, educated, and rehabilitated are the ones who are in danger. Not the common person walking down the street. You are statistically in far greater danger of being beaten to death or shot by an overzealous police officer than you are of being in danger from a delusional person in the fits of a horrific bout of anxiety or psychotic episode. Serial killers are such a small number of the mentally ill that they barely register on the scale of dangerous criminals. They almost always suffer from sociological delusion rather than psychological. Remember Christian Bales' character in "American Psycho"? He is the classic example of a sociopath. And I am not outing those with sociological disorders, as they rarely develop these extreme examples of a dangerous mentally ill person. The media loves spreading fear and the mentally ill are a prime target.



I have been living with schizo-affective and bi-polar disorder since 2001. I had symptoms of both many years before that. I have a stack of files from hospitals, psychiatrists, psychologists, and therapists. Not one of them portrays me as dangerous or violent. Quite the opposite.

Fear and psychic attacks have been the root cause of my troubles for many years. Depression, stress, and low self worth were the catalysts for my developing the disorders. This is the case for almost all cases of mental illness. We are often far more afraid of you or an outside influence than you are of us. This is what causes the "crazy" behavior.

I know what it feels like to be shunned by society and family alike. I had hundreds of so-called "friends" in life before I had my break in 2001. After that, almost nobody wanted anything to do with me. My personality had devolved and I was no longer the lovable extrovert who loved to entertain those around me. When times get tough, it's not hard to see who your true friends are.

As many of my readers already know, I am pursuing my dream of becoming a full time author/ writer. I have deep intimate knowledge of the inner workings of mental illness. For this reason, I made it a point to write my first book about my life. Memoirs/ autobiographies are typically written by those in their "golden years." They have a lifetime of interesting experiences to share. I am only 35. But, I have lived a life wrought with wild times, low lows, high highs, and incredibly entertaining events. I am a new man now and it's time to close the door on my past. My upcoming book, Dark Secrets is set to celebrate my inner transformation and help many people be prepared for the hard hits of life. I know that when it's released that it will be successful. Even those who don't care about mental illness or who don't need advice in life will love the brutal honesty and shock value that Dark Secrets brings to the table.



I have already invested tremendously in my career and this debut book project deserves to be in the hands of millions. I just released a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo to raise funds to make Dark Secrets available in a complete physical book. It is already guaranteed to be released on ebook, but the physical books garner extreme costs. By making Dark Secrets available in physical form, it will bring many more people in as potential customers and a huge portion of profits from the book will go toward founding a non-profit organization which supports mental illness on a national scale. I founded the organization in 2007 and named it Tranquil Voices.

Tranquil Voices is different from most other mental health groups, because it is 100% peer ran. Meaning that everyone involved has dealt with some form of mental illness or another in their lives. This creates an atmosphere where the organization isn't about making money. We have a deeply profound emotional investment in the group and want to help everyone learn more about mental illness and bring the potentially unifying illness to the forefront of societal issues.

Mental illness does not discriminate. You can be Black, White, Asian, Spanish, Russian, Indian. Poor, wealthy, weak, or powerful. Gay, straight, young, or old. Nobody is exempt from the choke hold that any given mental affliction may impose on us in life.

My readership on this blog isn't the largest. But you all are loyal to my posts. All who read my work keep coming back time and time again. I am beyond grateful for this and know my willpower and dedication will bring positive abundance in my life. I strive to bring quality writing to you all. I do not spam you with emails trying to sell you things. I leave you all with the option of sharing my work. This blog attracts those from all over the planet. I am looking for your help this time. It does not need to be in the form of money. If you are able to donate that is wonderful. But, even by you sharing this blog or even just my name to your friends expressing my writing skills and unique approach to the craft; it opens many doors for me that I otherwise could not find.

Please go to my Indiegogo campaign page and read through all of the perks I set up for all different levels of donation. You will get something in return for your money. Much more than you would get from the average campaign. I am a generous man and I believe in the power of paying it forward. It makes me feel great to be able to help others in life.


The full Indiegogo campaign can be seen at the following link.
Even a $5 donation makes a big difference. If you cannot spend the money then please share the campaign with all of your social networks. Share this blog as well as be sure to tell your friends who I am. I will not cease to promote my work and I promise I will remain loyal to my readers. There is much more interesting content to come in the future and I have a project based on this blog that I began. A non-fiction novel entitled, Stormcalling: Philosophy for the 21st Century. Only you, my loyal readers get news like this because those who keep coming back deserve to get exclusive news about my projects.

I appreciate you all for staying with me through my transformation over the last few years. The content I provide will do nothing but improve. Quality over quantity. I send you all my deepest gratitude for reading and sharing my work.

By Christopher Storm


No comments:

Post a Comment