Translate

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Calling Out the Fakers

Ever notice how much people go out of their way to try and befriend you only to end up having some sort of ulterior motive? I learned that lesson many times over the hard way. Most people are manipulative to an extent anyway. It's those who who are manipulative as a way of life who disgust me to the point of revolt. Countless people in my life have came and gone who only wanted something from me. This is how I learned not to trust anyone except myself in life. People usually only expect to get some benefit for themselves when attempting to befriend someone.

People from my past have contacted me later in life who didn't want anything to do with me when they knew me originally. They disliked me because I stood up for myself or a close friend who they tried to pick on or bully. Men and women both resent being "called out" when they have done something wrong. They often make that exact same tragic mistake when they become angered for being exposed. They allow their rage to encompass their being. When this happens, they become unfocused and often allow themselves to fall into a negative, downward spiral which sends their life askew in the wrong direction.

Even as I write this blog, there is an "acquaintance" from my past who likely believes me to not know who he is. He is also likely attempting to spread rumors about me based solely on assumptions. Why? Simple. Because he  has some sort of image in his mind of what type of man he believes me to be. Does it anger me? No. Does it annoy me? Yes. It's alright, though.

But I know I am on the right path to achieving success in my life. I have far too many talents to remain unnoticed in life. I have many trades that I possess years upon years of hands-on field experience in. Other trades I know; I have taught myself. I can perform skilled HVAC work, have extensive plumbing expertise, welding ability, wood and metal working skills, obviously I can write. I have many other talents and abilities as well. But it's not the point of this entry I am writing.

One skill I will tie into the point of this blog is my ability to people watch. I can watch someone's movements and glean at least one, dire fact about them. If I'm within earshot; I can glean far more than that. I have an excellent memory. Sometimes too excellent. I see how people present themselves to different people in different situations. I worked as a doorman at many clubs in my early 20's. This piqued my interest in people watching. It's truly amazing what all people do and say when they are convinced that no one is paying attention. Whether in front of my eyes or where I can hear them. If someone believes you to be naive or gullible; they veritably will commit self-destruction before your very eyes without a second thought.

It puts a smirk on my face at times just knowing how much people talk behind my back and then smile in my face. Hence my inspiration for my "faker" subject on this blog post. It's not exactly a corruption topic. Certainly not on any kind of grandiose level such as government, but definitely goes to prove what people will do that compromises basic human decency, to say the least.

"Gorgeous" women who could not care less about a guy like me who still has "a few pounds to lose" bend, stoop, flex, and even writhe in attempt to obtain a look from me. It bothers me that so many people find it disturbing that I refuse to ogle them just to make them feel better. Why should I? When they get the look from me, they will simply go about their merry way. I will not give women such satisfaction. I have been on both ends of the spectrum in terms of attractiveness in life. I have battled my weight more times than I care to discuss right now. This time it's for keeps. When I reach my goals this time I will not go back to being overweight. I am not an unattractive man at all. Matter of fact, I am very handsome when I trim down. I've got "piercing blue eyes" that make women weak in their knees. I have seductive, skilled, kissable lips and a "clean dome" which of course is a matter of taste from woman to woman.

All I ask is for people to be genuine with me. If you don't like me or have something against me, fine. But please have reasons other than "you look like trouble" or "you're fat". Please have some depth, some tact, some intellect. I get bored easily. At least give me a run for my money, so-to-speak in the debate department. I am also not an unintelligent man, despite my lack of college degree that so many people love to point out.

In closing: Never underestimate anyone about anything at any time. You never know when they might be paying MUCH closer attention than you realize. Don't portray yourself as someone you're not. You will get caught or called out on it one day. I promise. All it gets you is a reputation as someone with poor character. A con, poser, faker. Don't be such a person. The only one who gets fooled in the end is yourself.


By Christopher Storm
-aka- "The Stormcaller"

No comments:

Post a Comment